Stellar for Asset Issuance
This document highlights how assets are issued on the Stellar blockchain network. Stellar is built for payments and the movement of value. It is designed to allow for the tokenization of assets, such as fiat currencies and securities, in a secure and easy way, among other things.
Asset issuance on Stellar entails four basic steps:
(1) create an issuing account, (2) create a distribution account, (3) add a trustline for the asset to the distribution account, and (4) transfer the asset from the issuing account to the distribution account. It's that simple.
The ease at which one can issue assets is complemented by Stellar’s built-in programmatic functions for asset control. These controls include the ability to limit how the asset is used and who can hold it by setting different configuration flags.
Stellar also has important account management features and built-in compliance capabilities. Stellar supports multi-signature signing schemes and omnibus accounts. It can also facilitate the execution of specific compliance obligations.
Stellar is a powerful, flexible asset issuance platform. Asset issuers have a number of customizable features depending on issuer preferences and the asset’s use case.
In this guidebook, you will learn:
- How to issue an asset on Stellar.
- How to leverage Stellar's programmatic functions for asset control.
- About Asset and infrastructure design considerations.
- How you can benefit from exploring the Stellar Asset Sandbox, testnet environment.